Have you ever thought ‘I could write a book’?
Apparently, most of us, at one time or another, think about writing a book, but very few of us actually start or ever finish that book. It’s such a waste. Think of all those untold stories and great ideas that have stayed stuck in people’s heads. I know it’s hard to get started, to know how to turn your ideas into words on the page, to know what sells or what to do with your book once it’s written. I know how hard it is because I’ve just finished writing my third one (although no searching for them as I wrote them under secret pen names!).
But, writing a book can be great for your business.
Writing a business book can…⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
build your audience,⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
showcase your expertise,⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
increase your credibility,⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
connect you with new people who might never have found you,⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
share your story and⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
boost your income,⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
plus, how amazing would it be to see your book on a bookshelf or see it when you search online?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
But writing a book takes time, it needs you to silence that inner critic and let your inner author out. You need to let the ideas flow and trust in your expertise enough to get it onto the page.
There will be moments where you feel in the flow and think your book will be amazing and then hours later you will hate every word and want to delete the whole thing. ⠀⠀
You have to make it a priority and not just something on your to do list that never gets done.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It can be hard to turn your ideas into a reality.
But, your audience are waiting for it, so why not try these ideas to get you writing that book and becoming an author.
1. Make time every day. Even if it’s just 30 minutes. The more you write, the easier it gets.
2. Don’t try to make it perfect. For now, just write. You can make it perfect in the editing process. For now, just get your ideas onto paper. If you try to make it perfect from the start, then you will never get past the first chapter.
3. Don’t doubt your expertise. Think about the things you teach or talk to your audience about. That’s the things you should be including in your book. Don’t wonder if it’s right or let self-doubt sink in. Just get writing.
4. When all else fails….keep writing. You can’t become a published author unless you write. Even when it feels wrong and you’re worried you’re making a mistake, keep writing.
5. Remember why you started. Go back to the earlier list and think about what you wanted to write this book.
6. Imagine what it will feel like to have your book in your hands and watch as sales and page reads skyrocket.
A business book is a great addition to your business and your marketing, will open you up to a whole new audience and bring you in a new income stream that grows, even while you’re sleeping.
I can’t wait to see your book out there, selling.